Mobility in France
At a round table session organised by the PSA Peugeot Citroën Foundation at the Palais de la Découverte in Paris, the Elabe institute presented the results of its survey on the challenges of mobility.
The November 2015 study of a sample of 2,000 people reveals the close correlation between social ties and mobility, the central role played by cars in the mobility chain and strong regional segmentation for multiple mobility solutions.
It also gives us some important figures to feed into the mobility debate.
- The mobility experience is shifting in France with almost one in two French people feeling more mobile than before. Some 58% of those surveyed use a car every day as part of a multi-modal transport approach that is becoming more common.
- The survey found that 32% of people had tried car pooling and 13% had used car sharing services.
- Some 64% of respondents use a car to get to work.
- The car is synonymous with freedom for 92% of those questioned.
- Mobility is seen as an essential tool for maintaining social ties by 93% of respondents.
- Lastly, 51% of respondents are counting on autonomous cars to improve traffic flow.
Joined by four expert speakers – Joël de Rosnay, futurist and CEO of Biotics International, Mathieu Flonneau, lecturer, researcher and automobile specialist, Oliver Appert, energy specialist and Chairman of the National Academy of Technologies of France, and Florence Gilbert, head of Wimoov and Chairman of the Inclusive Mobility Laboratory –
Carlos Tavares, Chairman of PSA Peugeot Citroën's Managing Board and Chairman of the Foundation said,"Today, we have not just one but many mobility solutions. Carmakers have a duty to prepare for the future by inventing a mobility solution that is both environmentally responsible and accessible to the most disadvantaged members of society.”
Organising the round table was fully aligned with the PSA Peugeot Citroën Foundation's mission, which is to contribute to the emergence and testing of new mobility solutions for all.
For more information…
Infographics survey « Mobility in France »
Survey report « Mobility in France »
Timeline « http://www.technologies-emissions.psa-peugeot-citroen.com/ »
Video « Technologies in support of sustainable mobility»