#aCoffeeWithCarlosTavares: Meeting n°6: Autonomy - Interview with Luc Julia
- In order to support the Group’s shaping of its sustainable and profitable growth, the Chairman of the Managing Board is engaged in a dialogue with experts from civil society.
- Among the 7 mega trends that will shape the future of mobility, the sixth one is Autonomy, about which Carlos Tavares spoke with Luc Julia, expert on the human-machine interface, co-inventor of Siri and author of the book “There Is No Such Thing as Artificial Intelligence”.
- Watch the interview with Luc Julia
Luc Julia: “I doubt that the autonomous vehicle at level 5 will ever exist, because the level of attention of a human driver will never be reached by a machine. For example, an autonomous vehicle located in Paris Place de l’Etoile at 6 p.m. will not move at all, because it will abide by the rules. Humans, on the contrary, know how to negociate to make their way.”
Carlos Tavares: “We believe that the autonomous vehicles at level 4 and 5 will be a reality, as shuttles and taxi-robots in closed areas. But these highly technological mobility devices will be so expensive that they will be out of reach for individuals: their cost of usage will necessarily be shared with the community.”
Watch again previous interviews:
- interview with Hervé Le Treut on Climate change
- interview with Martha Delgado on Changes in customer behaviour
- interview with Lionel Zinsou on Market divergence
- Interview with Ben Waber on Digital transformation
- Interview with Philippe Bihouix on Sharing economy
This will be followed by a last discussion on the trend Connectivity.
Pierre-Olivier Salmon - +33 6 76 86 45 48 – email@example.com
 Siri is a computer application of voice command which understands the verbal instructions given by the users and answers their requests. It is developed by the US company Apple.