Four new PSA Group vehicles awarded 'Guaranteed French Origin' label
The new Peugeot Expert, Peugeot Traveller, Citroën Jumpy and Citroën SpaceTourer, all produced at the Sevelnord plant in northern France, have just been awarded the 'Guaranteed French Origin' label by the Pro France association.
The label guarantees consumers that the product they are buying is made in France. To qualify, products must undergo final assembly in France and have more than 50% of their value produced in the country, as certified by Bureau Veritas.
A total of 16 Group vehicles have now received the label, specifically:
- Peugeot 508 and Citroën C5, produced in Rennes
- Peugeot 208 GTI, Citroën C3 and DS 3, produced in Poissy
- Peugeot 2008, Citroën C4 and DS 4, produced in Mulhouse
- Peugeot 308, Peugeot 3008, Peugeot 5008 and DS 5, produced in Sochaux
- Peugeot Expert, Peugeot Traveller, Citroën Jumpy and Citroën SpaceTourer, produced in Sevelnord. The Group aims to use these vehicles to consolidate its lead in the European light commercial vehicle market, where it held market share of 19.5% in 2015.
The 'Guaranteed French Origin' label highlights the local manufacturing base of the PSA Group, France's leading automaker. In 2015, Group vehicle production in France exceeded local sales by a third, generating a €5.226 billion trade surplus. PSA also ranked as France's leading patent filer for the ninth year in a row.
On signing the New Momentum for Growth performance agreement with five trade unions in July 2016, the Group announced that it was aiming to produce one million vehicles a year in France on average over the following three years (subject to market conditions and the regulatory landscape).
Commenting on the event, Maxime Picat, Executive Vice-President, Europe, said: "I am thrilled that the new Peugeot Expert, Peugeot Traveller, Citroën Jumpy and Citroën SpaceTourer have received the 'Guaranteed French Origin' label. This distinction was made possible by the hard work of the project teams and sends a strong signal to both BtoB and individual customers of Peugeot and Citroën in France."